Friday, December 25, 2015

Moody to do stunts with animals (satire)


Moody was impressed with Putty's stunts with animals like flying with cranes and snuggling with a polar bear in the North Pole. Moody is keen to go one better – he wants to do stunts with at least four animals. His selection is peacock, cow, tiger and monkey – they are all dear to his heart.
This was a problem he had to solve – it had been bothering him while he was on the flight back home. Therefore, he called up Pro Cash, his environment minister and Sue Sharma, the foreign minister.
‘Do you think I can handle animals?’ he asked.
Pro Cash and Sue Sharma looked at each other unable to understand what Moody wanted.
‘What sort of animals?’ Pro Cash asked cautiously.
‘If someone can fly with cranes or play with polar bears, can I not do something similar?’
‘You can do better than that,’ Pro Cash said. ‘If the circus fellows can play with tigers and elephants, there is no reason why others cannot do that,’ Pro Cash said. ‘It will require some training and determination.’
‘Then let us get started,’ Moody said. ‘Find out a trainer.’
‘But - will you be able to devote any time? You have such tight schedules – will you be able to find time?’
‘I know,’ Moody agreed. ‘The foreign trips are fun but takes up too much time. And – I have to remember so many names and protocols.’
Sue Sharma now got a chance to speak. She was the foreign minister but Moody kept forgetting that and went everywhere himself.
‘Now that you have finished with the big countries, why don’t you let me handle some of the small ones?’ she asked. ‘I know you can handle them,’ Moody smiled at her. ‘But – I believe in doing things myself. Anyway, I now want to play with animals.’
‘Which ones should I take up,’ Pro Cash wanted to know.
‘I want animals that represent our country,’ Moody said.
‘Then we should begin with the cow,’ Pro Cash said. ‘What would you like to do with a cow?’
‘I will capture it,’ Moody said.
‘But it is not a wild animal,’ Pro Cash reminded.
‘I will capture it on my mobile – as a selfie,’ Moody said. ‘Then I want a monkey, a tame one that will cuddle up to me and sit on my lap. And – I want a peacock. That will dance as I play with the monkey. And – I want a tiger. Let it be seen in the background.’
‘No problem,’ Pro Cash grinned, ‘Your wish will be fulfilled.’
‘I want the photos and videos to be fed to the media properly – the world must know that we also can play with animals and birds.’ (to be continued …)

(Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org)

Rice on rooftops – a masterplan (satire)

Didi to gift soaps and towels to kids (satire)

Saraswati and Lakshmi and their girlish talks (satire)


Juhi Chawla learns how to ride a scooty

All female pop-group Moranbong Band cancels China goodwill tour

Eagles Of Death Metal to perform at the Olympia Theatre on 16 February


No country liquor in Bihar from April - only Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL)

Thieves make away with sandalwood trees from Santiniketan

76% of butterflies vanishing in Britain - a result of climate change


1,000 British troops and Special forces going to Libya to eliminate ISIS jihadists

United States faced with Syrian refugee influx - nearly 100,000 have entered since 2012

Scotland Yard launches biggest ever crackdown on guns in London

No comments:

Post a Comment