Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Growing up days – war movies of the 60s


Since classes were staggered and there was no fixed routine for the last class, I invariably had spare time on my hands and would walk from my college to the happening place in the movie hall area near the Esplanade.
The period of 1960s was the golden era of movies and I was lucky to have been born at a time when Hollywood movies ruled the roost. The varieties were mindboggling and it was difficult to make choices. There were war movies, and cowboy movies, movies of the Wild West as well as the James Bond movies and clones of James Bond and there were, also, serious movies.
For me, watching a movie was just another method to widen my knowledge and share experiences of others.
Like the war movies – these were about the World War II and how dedicated men fought bravely to bring down the enemy. Movies like the Guns of Navarone, the Great Escape, 633 Squadron, and the Man who came in from the cold. Each was marvelous and a masterpiece. (to be continued…)

No comments:

Post a Comment