Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Moody and his American connections (satire)


Moody grinned to himself as he remembered the first time he had set foot on American soil. There had been apprehensions about how his visit would turn out but, he need not have worried because Lord Hanuman was a constant companion of the President of the United States. He always carried an idol of Lord Hanuman in his pocket.
Suddenly Sue Sharma entered his cabin.
There was a huge smile on her face and a bunch of newspapers in her hand. It was obvious that she was in good spirits and her health was OK.
‘Have you got the news?’ she asked as she occupied the chair opposite Moody’s.
‘News are always happening,’ Moody said. ‘Including breaking news. Tell me – what is your news about?’
‘Fighter planes,’ Sue Sharma replied.
‘You mean our fighter plane Tejas has found a market?’
‘Not Tejas, I’m talking about the Americans.’
‘Americans? I don’t understand. I’m supposed to go there next month to address their leaders. They want to know our secret of leadership. To them, ours is a one man show. I want to correct that perception.’
‘I’m talking about the fighter planes America was supposed to sell to our neighbor.’
‘Oh that?’ Moody was at ease with himself. ‘You’ll tell me that they have backed out, right?’
‘How did you guess?’ Sue was surprised.
‘I have my methods,’ Moody said. ‘You say they have backed out?’
‘Not exactly backed out but they have put some conditions.’
‘That was my masterstroke,’ Moody said. ‘I had agreed to attend their June event provided they cancelled the deal with our neighbor. I had told them – if you want my advice you must agree to my terms.’
‘And they want your advice badly, right?’
‘Yes, the tea shop is a wonderful platform for learning the nitty gritty of politics. I should know.’
‘That is why the Bengalis are so politically conscious,’ Sue added. ‘They have tea shops at every street corner. And – the kids graduate from those tea shops to coffee house’
Suddenly the door opened and Emma Melaney entered with Ranee-ji and Uma-ji in tow.
‘Have you heard the latest?’ Emma asked.
‘You mean about our Bollywood actress who got invited by the President to his dinner?’
‘Who told you?’
‘I have my methods,’ Moody said. ‘It is linked to fighters.’
‘Fighter planes,’ Sue added. ‘Fighter planes and neighbors. Our Boss knows just how to keep them in their places. It’s all about the right connections.’ (to be continued …)


Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org

Some more interesting links -

Didi wants to move around fast and wants a solution (satire)

Lord Shiva intrigued by the writing on the walls (satire)

Moody hates hotels and feels more at home in his aircraft (satire)


Taj Mumbai welcomes Prince William and Kate, the fourth generation of British monarchy

Huge 26ft python found in Penang - could become a new a Guinness Record holder

Lok Sabha ethics committee probing Narada sting feels the videos are genuine


ISIS still holding 30 workers out of 300 kidnapped from cement factory in Dumeir

Another Bangladeshi blogger killed in Dhaka because of his views on religion

Florida hunters bag a 15-foot 800-pound massive alligator


James Cameron, writer director of Avatar, promises his fans four sequels

'Deadpool' sequel planned and in the pipeline with Ryan Reynolds

Indonesian pop star dies after being bitten by a cobra on stage

No comments:

Post a Comment