Monday, May 25, 2015

I go to hospital for checkup and wake up in the ICU


It had been a hectic day for me. In the morning, there was a meeting with the GM and, by the time I came back to my office, there was this officer from HAL Lucknow who had come to reconcile the supply status of accessories supplied by Lucknow. He was a good friend of mine and my single point contact when I visited Lucknow.
We began the reconciliation activities and broke for lunch. He went to the canteen and I took my scooter home. It was the monsoon season and the rains kept coming on and off. Anyway, I finished my lunch and then, as per my routine, sat down before the TV and lit a cigarette while I watched some program. It was a habit and, even though my wife objected, I just could not kick the habit of smoking this cigarette after lunch.
But, that day was different. Suddenly the cigarette left a bitter taste in my mouth and, after a couple of puffs, I stubbed it out. I put on the raincoat and started the scooter but, after going some distance, I began to feel uncomfortable.
Anyway, after parking the vehicle in the parking lot I was in two minds – should I enter the factory or make a trip to the hospital and get some medicine for a quick relief. I stood in front of the scooter, took off the raincoat and stuffed it into the scooter dicky because the rains had stopped. Finally I decided to go to the hospital.
I reached the hospital at around 2pm – the duty doctor listened to my complaints, asked me to lie down on the inspection table, took the readings of my BP and pulse and that is all that I remember. I went out of this world. When I opened my eyes, I found myself in the ICU – one of my friends was standing at the door of the ICU along with my wife and son. The time was around 10pm.
It came as a shock to me to learn that I had suffered a stroke!!
(Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org)


A few more must reads -

Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub


Activists on kayaks protest against drilling for oil in Alaska

Disenchanted with rosy promises of a life with the ISIS, three British girls escape

Over 600 stranded migrants from Bangladesh and Myanmar rescued by local fishermen

British spy chiefs recruiting computer geeks for £27,913 to help fight terrorists, criminal gangs and hackers

Ancient 2000-year-old city of Palmyra in Syria targeted for destruction by ISIS

I become a detective to trace a missing consignment

No comments:

Post a Comment