Saturday, April 30, 2016

Madame Tussauds welcomes Moody – Didi waits for her turn (satire)


Moody was excited – he is finally getting international recognition in the galleries of Madame Tussauds and would be standing tall alongside his pals Bee Rack O'Vama, Day Weed and others.
He had already received congratulatory messages from his colleagues because he was one of a few Indian leaders who had entered the portals of history. He did have a few jitters because in the galleries were several Indian beauties of the silver screen and they were, to him, avoidable distractions.
Yes, he had to admit that he felt weak at the knees in front of women who oozed charms. But, there was one woman he would have liked to be near him in Madame Tussauds – she was Didi.
He reached for his telephone and was lucky to get her at the first attempt.
‘Didi, how are things shaping up?’ he asked.
‘Nothing is happening the way I want,’ she complained.
‘Why? I have told my men to help you in your plans,’ he said.
‘I am just not able to see how they are helping. Those people came down from Delhi and made fun of me. I can understand some Hindi but they talk so fast and have so different accents that I can’t follow what they are saying.’
‘Don’t worry,’ Moody gave a light laugh. ‘I think you know that I will be in London for life.’
‘What?’ Didi was shocked. ‘Then who will run the country? What will happen to our dreams of Utopia? And the cleaning of the Ganga? And the unearthing of black money?’
‘I was joking,’ Moody assured her. ‘My wax model will be in the Tussauds museum.’
‘Oh. And, how did you manage it?’
‘It just happened,’ Moody said. ‘One day they called me up and then sent across their artists. They came with all sorts of gadgets and measured me hundreds of times. I had to spare time for them.’
‘Why are you telling me all this?’ Didi was cautious.
‘I want you to be with me in the museum,’ Moody said. ‘You also are a great leader and must get recognition.’
‘I am thankful that you want me near you. But – I have my own problems. And – I cannot devote time for such projects. Painting is my hobby and, in fact, I have very little spare time. My painting work is badly affected. I think the last canvas I did was five years back – during the agitation to drive out the small car unit.’
‘Don’t worry Didi,’ Moody was in a light mood. ‘I’ll talk to the museum.’
But Didi cut him short.
‘I have heard that they keep changing the location of the models. And – one day they could send us to the Chamber of Horrors with models of Jack the Ripper and Adolf Hitler.’ (to be continued …)


Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org

Some more interesting links -

Didi wants to move around fast and wants a solution (satire)

Lord Shiva intrigued by the writing on the walls (satire)

Moody hates hotels and feels more at home in his aircraft (satire)


Taj Mumbai welcomes Prince William and Kate, the fourth generation of British monarchy

Huge 26ft python found in Penang - could become a new a Guinness Record holder

Lok Sabha ethics committee probing Narada sting feels the videos are genuine


ISIS still holding 30 workers out of 300 kidnapped from cement factory in Dumeir

Another Bangladeshi blogger killed in Dhaka because of his views on religion

Florida hunters bag a 15-foot 800-pound massive alligator


James Cameron, writer director of Avatar, promises his fans four sequels

'Deadpool' sequel planned and in the pipeline with Ryan Reynolds

Indonesian pop star dies after being bitten by a cobra on stage

No comments:

Post a Comment