Monday, January 4, 2016

Midnight attack sends Moody into a tizzy (satire)


Moody woke up with a start – it was the hotline and it was Uncle Sam at the other end.
‘Hey man, what is happening? I have come to know that there has been infiltration in your area,’ there was genuine concern in his voice.
‘Nothing extraordinary,’ Moody replied.
‘Don’t hide facts, I have eyes and ears everywhere,’ Uncle Sam said. ‘I presumed that you have resolved the problem with your neighbor once and for all during your recent flying visit.’
‘But, I have,’ Moody replied.
‘Then why did the attack happen?’
‘Attack?’
‘Strange that you do not know about the attack,’ the Big Man switched off.
Immediately, the other hotline rang – it was the man from behind the Iron curtain followed by the one from behind the bamboo curtain to the one from the land of the rising Sun.
All of them talked about infiltration from the neighbor.
Moody was furious – not on his men who failed to keep him updated but on his neighbor. He had gifted him a turban, he had wished him a happy birthday a week back, and he was the man who had promised to be good. How could he, all of a sudden, turn into a villain?
‘What is this you have done my friend?’ he rang him up and asked. ‘Why have you put me in this embarrassing position?’
‘I am sorry,’ his friend apologized. ‘Some naughty boys played some mischief. You know how these youngsters behave. They suffer from over enthusiasm.’
‘I know,’ Moody murmured. ‘But – it has hurt my reputation. Uncle Sam spoke to me just now. He, like everyone else, looks upon me with respect and I have impressed the whole world with my sincerity. This attack was most unexpected.’
‘Moody-ji, I said I am sorry,’ his friend replied. ‘You also have many naughty boys in your setup. They keep instigating others, they make unwanted statements and unwanted incidents keep happening.’
‘But – what your boys have done is unpardonable,’ Moody expressed annoyance. ‘It is winter and freezing cold. Why should they select such an odd time to attack? Do you know that I am losing my sleep? I hardly get to sleep for four hours and tonight, I will lose that also.’
“My dear Moody-ji, I assure you that the boys did not have any bad intentions,’ the friend explained. ‘It was all the fault of the bees.’
‘Bees?’
“Yes – honeybees. A bunch of them flew away from the hive and my boys went after them to get them back. They did not want our bees to sting your men. Obviously, they had to go as quietly as possible otherwise the bees would have flown away still further.’
‘You mean bees from the honey trap?’
‘Not exactly a trap but, yes, a sticky affair,’ his friend laughed. ‘You must know that honey is a sticky affair. Anyway – let us discuss our next step.’
‘My Bosses will not be amused,’ Moody sighed. ‘They do not understand that maintaining strained relationship is a tough task.’
‘Don’t worry, I am confident that you will find a way out,’ his friend said. ‘Next time I go to meet Uncle Sam, I will drop by your place to repay your courtesy visit.’ And, he began to hum the favorite tune – ‘Kuchh to log kahenge logon ka kaam hai kehnaa’ from the movie Amar Prem. …’ (to be continued …)

(Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org)

Some more interesting links -

Moody gifts his neighbor a turban on his birthday (satire)

Lord Shiva’s solution for global warming – go under water (satire)

Didi discusses industries with Moo Cool and Omit Misra (satire)


Use online honey trappers to test the fidelity of the spouse

NASA developing hopping drones to explore Martian caves for human settlement

Cleanliness drive by Railways - collects Rs 58 lakhs in fine from Delhi Railway station


Kissing scenes in movies – why this fad has never caught on in Bollywood

All female pop-group Moranbong Band cancels China goodwill tour

“The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar” - Disney’s upcoming television movie


Christmas Day bushfire destroys 100 homes in popular tourist spot of Lorne in Victoria

Migrants ready to pay £1,200 to people smugglers for trip across Channel in UK-registered car

US airdrops 50-tons of ammunition for M-16s and AK-47 to Syrian fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment