Thursday, April 30, 2015

There is always light at the end of a dark tunnel


I believe in the well-known age-old maxim: ‘there is always light at the end of the tunnel’. And, another one in the same vein: ‘every cloud has a silver lining’.
I got proof of these yet again because my transfer had its plus points as well as the minuses. On hindsight, I can say with confidence that the pluses far outnumbered the minuses. Yes, the transfer affected my outdoor activities and I had to, ultimately, withdraw from the Naba Nalanda magazine. The patrons and subscribers were disappointed but, I had to choose between my professional and my literary ambitions and the former took precedence.
But, the transfer changed my outlook on life. It gave me new confidence of accepting challenges.
My department was a new one. I had new bosses and the work was challenging because I had to set up the department from scratch. It spoke volumes about my new bosses who had never seen me at work but had already formed so high opinion about me that they did not hesitate to give me the responsibility of setting up a new department.
A room was, therefore, assigned to me, along with four employees and a junior grade officer. And, all these individuals had been transferred because their bosses felt that they would be better off elsewhere – just like me. The task assigned to me was to organize the inventory of material received from Russia against a new project against different contracts. These items would be required at a later date in the factory but, some of the material had already arrived and others were on their way. I had to develop a system to keep tab of physical receipts and subsequent issues.
The best part was that till my transfer, all these activities used to be handled by a Project group but, immediately I was transferred, the officer in-charge of the Project came to meet me. He was all smiles. He shook my hands, congratulated me on my new assignment and said that he would send over whatever documents he held.
Within the hour, a four wheeler arrived and offloaded four steel almirahs full of documents pertaining to various Russian contracts. Also, all packing lists of items received from Russia.
My task was to set up a system to monitor the complete tasks. (to be continued…)

A few more must reads -

Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub


EU realizes the curse of plastic carry bags – to banish the bags

Pet Pomeranians of Surat married off, 500 wedding guests enjoy the feast

Woman kills her husband because of his dark complexion

Baltimore on fire as protest over death of a black youth in police custody spirals out of control

‘Papri’ and ‘Barood’ - collection of Bengali short stories published from Nashik

British Army wants computer whizzkids to counter the growing menace of ISIS propaganda


Another interesting blog - Citizen Journalist

Another interesting blog - Violence and atrocities

No comments:

Post a Comment