Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spreading my wings into the world of crime


I was writing crime stories for one magazine – it was Mashik Romancho, a monthly magazine on crime and I was fortunate that all the stories I sent to them got published. There was no rejection and I received one complimentary copy of the magazine by post after my story was published. There was no system of feedback. Unfortunately, I did not get a single naya paisa for the stories. The magazine gave you a chance to get noticed and, for a beginner, that also mattered.
My friends would be waiting eagerly for the complimentary copy and it would do the rounds till the next one arrived. The plot of the stories would come to me at odd hours and when it came, I would jot it down – it could happen at the dead of night or early in the morning or on my way to the factory or in the factory itself as I was busy discussing some problem with my colleagues.
The fact of the matter is that the inspiration for a story would just strike my mind all of a sudden and, once I got hold of it, I would weave the story around it.
It has happened that I had got stuck on a stumbling block and the story was half complete. Since I wrote crime stories, there would be occasions when I would get bogged down in the web that I had woven and had lost my way. At such times, I needed a solution and when that came, I would be a much relieved individual.
After I wrote a story, I would read it several times, check out spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and then begin writing it afresh for dispatch to the magazine. But – suddenly I would want to add some matter in between. That was a major problem because any last minute addition would mean rewriting some portions of the story.
Anyway – I kept at it and gradually I wanted to spread my wings and embrace more magazines to get a wider audience. But, sitting in Nashik I could not access other probable outlets. Therefore I decided to do that whenever I would visit Kolkata. (to be continued …)

Another interesting blog - Violence and atrocities

Another interesting blog - Citizen Journalist

My Boss wanted me to become a detective

My job interview over a cup of coffee

Train travel to and from Kanpur to Kolkata

I gamble away my month’s earnings before Diwali

I finally join the MiG factory in HAL Nashik

No comments:

Post a Comment