Thursday, March 19, 2015

A magazine Editor and his magic of creating a masterpiece


I had lunch with my new found friend and Editor of Mashik Rahasya and, as he cooked and later as we finished the meal, I was surprised to learn of the struggles he had to go through to set up the magazine. The odds were stacked up against him but he had that never-say-die attitude and he surmounted all obstacles.
I was impressed as he narrated his experiences and, after lunch and a bit of rest, I set out with him on his journey to the world of books and the world of writers and poets – namely, the Coffee House on College Street.
Coffee House was the meeting place for everyone who mattered in the world of those who worshipped creativity in any form – from writers to artists to people associated with the movies and the theater. There would be groups seated at the tables and arguing on any conceivable topic under the sun. They talked about their own works and heaped criticism on the works of others.
My Editor friend introduced me to a few of them and once they came to know that I was not from Kolkata, they heaved an unmistakable sigh of relief – they knew that living so far away from the city I could never become a competitor for them.
Anyway, after spending the afternoon in their company, we parted company and he requested me to create a new character specifically for his magazine – of course, he admitted that he could not afford to pay me any honorarium but assured that the exposure would benefit me in the long run. And thus was created the detective Nero Mullick – a retired officer of the Indian Railways. He had a devoted friend in the form of a police inspector and a loving daughter-in-law who gave them both company. (to be continued ... )


Another interesting blog - Violence and atrocities

Another interesting blog - Citizen Journalist


Links to some more interesting stories –


Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub


First Russian woman cosmonaut returns to Earth after six-month stay in ISS


My Boss wanted me to become a detective


My job interview over a cup of coffee


Train travel to and from Kanpur to Kolkata

No comments:

Post a Comment