Monday, June 1, 2015

The Ayurveda way to neutralize heart problems


On returning from Mumbai with the reports (on CDs) of my angiography, I had a frank meeting with my doctor and the cardiology consultant. I asked them a simple question – my age was 59-years and at that age, what sort of blockage in the heart was normal. They hemmed and hawed and none of them had any reply that satisfied me.
Moreover, I had in front of me a friend of mine who had undergone bypass surgery and, while most of such surgeries are successful, his case was one that I would never like to face. He became a sort of a vegetable. He was unable to form words, he was unable to hold a pencil in his hand and watching him struggle to speak or to write, I felt sorry for him. I therefore told my doctor that I would take a call on bypass surgery at a later date.
And, when one is in a dilemma, God shows him the way as he did for me.
There was a woman in my department – she was a dispatch clerk and one day she brought me a copy of a Marathi magazine. In that magazine there was an article on an Ayurveda based potion that could give relief from heart ailments.
The ingredients were leaves of tulsi plant, michhri (kadi shakkhar) and fresh lime juice. Ten to twelve tender leaves of the tulsi plant were to be mixed with the michhri in a mortar and pestle and the mixture, with a tablespoon of lime juice, was to be taken on an empty stomach early in the morning.
Well – the medication could not remove the blockage in the main arteries but it did open up other arteries in the heart to carry the blood. I started with this indigenous medication and began to feel relief. At the end of six months, I requested the doctor to carry out another 2D-Echo test but he went one step further. He advised me to undergo a Thallium Test in the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai. It was a non-invasive test carried out with nuclear materials.
And, believe it or not, there was an improvement in the LVEF and I did not go in for bypass surgery. (to be continued …)

A few more must reads -

Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub


Kenyan lawyer wants to marry Obama’s elder daughter Malia

Modi’s first year in office – how America sees it

Noise pollution leads to obesity – those living near airports or busy streets are affected

Giant barrel jellyfish 5-ft long, 3-ft diameter and weighing 5-stone each found off Dorset coast

ICU beckons me for a second time

Marriages are made in Heaven

Teen, instigated by his mother, bludgeons a Delhi bus driver to death in broad daylight

Dozens of corpses found in bamboo cages in Thai human trafficking camp

No comments:

Post a Comment