Friday, June 5, 2015

Homeopathy plays an important role in spondylosis


There is a general feeling that homeopathy is for the poor because the medicines prescribed usually cost next to nothing when compared to allopathic medicines. Moreover, homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects and there are not many restrictions to be followed. In fact, these are ideal for children who love the sweet taste of the medicines in the form of powder or tiny globules.
My association with homeopathy is a long one.
My father used to practice it after his retirement during his stay with me in my quarter in Nashik. Many of my friends and acquaintances would come to him for medicines and he would study their cases and prescribe the medicines.
As for me, I had to go to a homeopath for a typical problem – it was a sort of spondylosis. Due to this, my left arm would become numb while driving the scooter. I had to keep my left arm dangling from time to time to get the blood circulation back.
When I went to the hospital, the physiotherapist suggested that I wear a neck brace. I did and it did give some relief but it was cumbersome and turning my neck was a problem.
I decided to get the opinion of a homeopath and there were two of them nearby. Both were Malayalee – one of them was an elderly gentleman who had retired from the Air Force and had set up practice in one of the quarters allotted by HAL. The other was a young man employed in HAL – but, due to his effective homeopathy treatments, he was given special permission by HAL to carry out practice in his quarter.
The Air Force man would open his clinic in the mornings and the younger one would open his clinic in the evening. Obviously, they had their own set of clients and there was no clash of interests.
I went to the younger one because evening was more convenient for me and, his medication helped me to come out of the shackle of the neck brace. (to be continued …)

A few more must reads -

Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub


Kolkata Police to send cake with birthday greetings to 12000 senior citizens of Pronam

Maggi 2-minute noodle – Madhuri Dixit, Amitabh Bachhan and Preity Zinta had endorsed the product

Bogus tour operator charged out-of-towners $200 each way for a trip that is free

WHO says cigarette smuggling into India has increased fourfold

Marvels of technology – robotic cheetah created by MIT, it can jump over obstacles

The power of tulsi leaves – it keeps at bay the pacemaker

US admits - there is no way to monitor online encrypted messages of ISIS

US Police have killed two persons daily in first 5-months of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment