Thursday, May 7, 2015

Getting to know HAL Lucknow


I knew a few officers of HAL Lucknow by name and, once in the Division, my first task was to locate these gentlemen. They must have got information about my coming and I had to get to first base with them. I had heard that people of Lucknow love to have cordial relationships and respect the other man. The popular saying ‘pahele aap’ is their philosophy. ‘Pehele aap’ means you get the right of way.
Anyway, within a few hours, my circle of acquaintances in HAL Lucknow had grown. And, among them was an officer who had, once upon a time, been employed in Nashik. Naturally, he recollected his past days in Nashik and I updated him. He invited me over to his quarters for dinner and, during duty hours, he helped me out in resolving a number of technical issues.
My boss had asked me to provide daily feedback on the progress of follow-up activities and, at the end of the day, I would sit with the HAL Lucknow bosses and prepare my feedback in consultation with them. That way, we maintained the same frequency.
I was at Lucknow for one week and, in between, my Nashik acquaintance took me around in his Maruti van for sightseeing. We took in the British Residency, Bara Imambara, Moti Mahal, and Clock Tower and, of course, Hasratganj, It was important that I build rapport with people who matter in Lucknow because that would help in ensuring continuity of work at both ends. Nashik had to send the accessories to Lucknow for overhaul and return. In case there was delay at any end, the total work plan would get disrupted and that needed to be avoided. Therefore, I had to take on the role of troubleshooter. (to be continued…)

A few more must reads -

Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub

EU realizes the curse of plastic carry bags – to banish the bags

100 cities in India would turn into Smart Cities

Pet Pomeranians of Surat married off, 500 wedding guests enjoy the feast

Woman kills her husband because of his dark complexion

Baltimore on fire as protest over death of a black youth in police custody spirals out of control

‘Papri’ and ‘Barood’ - collection of Bengali short stories published from Nashik

British Army wants computer whizzkids to counter the growing menace of ISIS propaganda


Durga Puja - priest dancing with devotee (YouTube video)

Onion parathas (YouTube video)

Another interesting blog - Citizen Journalist

Another interesting blog - Violence and atrocities

No comments:

Post a Comment