Thursday, April 2, 2015

Indian Airlines flight from Kolkata to Tezpur


Air Force Station Tezpur was a remote location and had been created to provide an eye in the skies for the eastern regions of India. All journeys to Tezpur were by air and, in the year 1982, the only available airline was the Indian Airlines. It operated a Fokker F-27 daily and I had to go to the offices of the airlines in Central Avenue to book my seat.
As luck would have it, I had to wait only one day to get confirmed seat on the flight which took off early in the morning at around six. In those days, the check-in was simple because there we no terrorists to guard against.
When I got down from the aircraft, I was wondering how to find my way to the Air Force base when a gentleman approached me. He introduced himself and I was delighted to learn that he was a Bengali and the Service Engineer of HAL Koraput. He had come to know that I would be arriving and used to make a visit to the airport to receive me!!
He had come by scooter and I rode behind him to the Air Force Mess. He knew that I was supposed to take over the Service Engineer inventory of Nashik from the earlier incumbent who I had left behind at Bareilly.
He had promised that he would join me in Tezpur – but, he did not turn up even by 31si December. Hence, I made a list of all documents, drawings etcetera available and got it signed by the HAL Koraput engineer.
I had stayed at Tezpur for three days and, finally, boarded the return flight to Kolkata and from there to Nashik. (to be continued …)


Another interesting blog - Violence and atrocities

Another interesting blog - Citizen Journalist


Links to some more interesting stories –


Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata

Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

Nashik transforms from a place of pilgrimage to an industrial hub


Nine medical students go to Syria, their families try to bring them back

Health tips – lose weight without dieting


My Boss wanted me to become a detective

Auckland girl sweet talks thief to return stolen mobile phone

Anchovies can boost good cholesterol and reduce risk factors of the heart

No comments:

Post a Comment