Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I discover some more outlets for my literary skills


I have been suffering from a split personality right from my school days – one part of me had to, always, be engaged in routine and mundane jobs, the other would fantasize. In school it was studies. In college it was studies plus a bit of exploration here and there to learn the intricacies of life. In service it was work to make a living.
The other part of me was one that allowed me to view life from a different perspective and walk into the world of fantasy. I would give complete freedom to my imagination to take wings and come up with what, in my opinion, were gems of literary creations. They would hardly ever be acknowledged by the glitterati, I would not be given any award but, they were loved by my readers. And, that egged me on to create new age series of crime and punishment.
Starting with Mashik Romancho, I discovered a new outlet in Mashik Rahasya.
I never knew of its existence but, picked up a copy at the Wheeler Bookstall in Howrah Station during one of my journeys. The Wheeler Bookstalls were there in practically all major railway stations and they displayed a whole range of magazines in Bengali plus many in Hindi and, of course, English paperbacks. In those days, the conversion rate was five rupees to one dollar and paperbacks had a fairly good market.
Anyway, Mashik Goenda was my second conquest.
With several stories under the belt, thanks to Mashik Romancho, I was no longer a fresher in the field. Hence, there was no difficulty in getting a toehold in Mashik Rahasya. Rahasya means mystery – therefore, I had to pen stories that would meet their requirements. And, in order to get a new identity, I created a few characters that my readers would not forget in a hurry. (to be continued …)


Another interesting blog - Violence and atrocities

Another interesting blog - Citizen Journalist

Links to some more interesting stories –


Nashik Kumbhmela 2015 – a once in 12-years pilgrimage

Trip to Nashik should take in Shirdi and the Ajanta and Ellora caves

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the epic Ramayana

Nashik, a tourist center with links to the Mahabharata
Kumbhmela 2015 in Nashik – guided tours to wineries and vineyards

First Russian woman cosmonaut returns to Earth after six-month stay in ISS


My Boss wanted me to become a detective


My job interview over a cup of coffee


Train travel to and from Kanpur to Kolkata


I gamble away my month’s earnings before Diwali


I finally join the MiG factory in HAL Nashik

No comments:

Post a Comment