Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Moody’s monkeys and the saree episode (satire)


Moody was a bit surprised to hear a female voice at the other end of the line. He was used to receiving calls from Sue Sharma and Emma Melanie and Uma-ji and, of course, Ranee-ji who had gone into hibernation. But this voice had an un-Indian accent and it was not Angel Miracle.
‘Yes,’ he cleared his throat. ‘Who is this?’
‘I am Tressa May,’ she introduced herself. ‘We have not met formally as yet but I know a lot about you. I know that you like monkeys.’
‘Well – we do worship the monkey. He is one of our Gods. He helped Lord Rama to get back his Sita who had been kidnapped by evil Ravana.’
‘Yes. I have heard all about it. Then I believe you keep a set of three monkeys on your table.’
‘That I have. It acts as an inspiration. It reminds me to refrain from the three evils. Do not talk evil, do not speak evil, and do not hear evil.’
‘And then your own creation of the monkey baat every month,’ Tressa said. ‘I hear you have run out of ideas and want others to help you out.’
‘Nothing of the sort,’ Moody said. ‘I never run out of ideas. I am always brimming with them. Actually, there is one Cage Reball who has copied my style – only, his is a two-way affair. He allows others to interact with him directly. I also want to show my people that I listen to them.’
‘What about the monkey in your Parliament? Do you allow them such freedom?’
‘That was a stray case’ Moody said. ‘It wandered into the library.’
‘Oh – and which books did it take out to study?’
‘Monkeys cannot read books.’
‘I thought your monkeys are of a different brand,’ Tressa laughed. ‘Anyway – I have learnt how to wear a saree. My action has floored many people.’
‘That is good,’ Moody said. ‘It will improve our bonding.’
‘I have received offers from big names in the trade to model their sarees,’ Tressa went on. ‘I plan to rope in Angel Miracle and Clean Ton. The three of us will revolutionize the world. Models for sarees should be slim, don’t you think so?’
‘Well – slim models are attractive.’
‘Then why do overweight women wear sarees? Especially when they have to go broad.’
Moody did not have a ready answer. (to be continued …)


Some more interesting links -

EU imposes ban on water hyacinth which is Britain's best-loved pond plant

US First Lady Michelle Obama wants Hillary Clinton to be the first woman president of the US

Prince Harry in Africa to save 500 elephants and relocate them


Moody has too many women around (satire)

Didi’s naughty boys tie her up in knots (satire)

Lord Shiva feels rains are the best option for cleaning (satire)


Mass stabbing in a Japanese care home in Sagamihara leaves at least 15 dead and 28 injured

ISIS carries out suicide bombing in Qamishli - death toll at least 44

Jihadist kills 85-year-old priest in a church Normandy - churches in Britain to tighten security


Next James Bond movie would not come before 2018

Wonder Woman celebrates 75th anniversary - trailer of latest film released

Bollywood actress Dia Mirza turns director with film on tigers on World Tiger Day

No comments:

Post a Comment